What is the address of the house and is it part of Tangalooma Resort?
4 Trochus Place, Tangalooma
You will be staying in a privately-owned house within Tangalooma Resort which is located on the hilltop behind the main part of the resort. During your stay you have access to all resort facilities and activities with the exclusion of Dolphin Feeding (subject to availability).
How do we get there?
There are a couple of ways to get to Tangalooma Resort. It is your responsibility to arrange your transport to the island and it is NOT covered in your accommodation price.
- Tangalooma Ferry – walk on passengers only. Trip takes around 1hr 15min. The ferry leaves from Holt Street Wharf in Pinkenba. The ferry timetable is available from Tangalooma Resort website (http://www.tangalooma.com/location-transport/moreton-island-ferry-resort-schedule). To book your tickets call 1300 652 250 or 07 3637 2118. You will need to let them know you will be staying at 4 Trochus Pl. There is parking available at the ferry terminal which is charged at a per night or weekly rate. There is a bus available from Brisbane airport to Holt Street wharf for those people arriving at Brisbane airport. Please note that the Tangalooma Ferry does have luggage restrictions. Please refer to the Tangalooma website for luggage restrictions for ferry passengers. (http://www.tangalooma.com/location-transport/luggage-restrictions)
- MICAT ferry – 4WD vehicles. The barge leaves from Howard Smith Dr Port of Brisbane and takes around 1hr 30min to get to the wrecks near Tangalooma. Book your tickets as early as possible as spaces are limited and book out fast during busy times. Visit Moreton Island Adventures website for timetable and prices. https://bookings.moretonislandadventures.com.au/
The MICAT unloads next to the Tangalooma wrecks. Turn left when you come off the barge and follow the map provided to you in your booking confirmation email for directions to the house.
- Own boat – moorings are at Tangalooma are available if you are bringing your own boat. Please refer to Tangalooma Resort website for more information and costs. (http://www.tangalooma.com/location-transport/private-boat-access).
How do I get my luggage from the Tangalooma Ferry to the house?
You will be given tags to attach to your bags when you check in at the ferry terminal at Pinkenba (ensure you tell them where you are staying). Please contact Tangalooma Reception (07 3410 6000) at least 24 hours before arrival to arrange a taxi transfer from the Tangalooma Jetty to 4 Trochus Pl. Transfer for 1-3 passengers is $15/transfer or 4-9 passenger for $20/transfer.
WHATS ON? Weekly activities at the resort
Check the weekly resort guide on the Tangalooma Resort website for what activities are planned during your stay. http://www.tangalooma.com/activities-tours/schedule
Where do we see the wild dolphins when they come to visit?
You can watch the dolphins visit and feeding each night from the jetty for free. There is a seating area on the jetty where the dolphins come in. The dolphin feeding experience can only be booked by guests who book accommodation directly through the resort. Our home is part of the resort, but privately owned and managed. You can ask at the Tours Desk if there are any standby packages available each day. If numbers allow, the resort may allow you to book a feeding package however, we cannot guarantee availability.
What is included in my booking?
The house has linen and bath towels provided. There is a starter pack which includes small amounts of:
- Tea / coffee / sugar / salt / pepper / some herbs & spices
- Shampoo, conditioner & body wash (30ml of each)
- Dishwashing liquid and tablets for the dishwasher
- Detergent for washing machine
- Toilet paper (a couple of rolls only per toilet) – bring extras for longer stays or you can buy some at the resort shop
Are beach towels provided?
No. Bring your own beach towel or you may hire them from the resort reception. A $20 cash deposit is required which is refunded once the beach towels are returned.
Is there a BBQ?
Oh yeah! We have a large 4 burner barbeque on the entertaining deck. It’s big enough to cook up a large family feast!
Is there a convenience or general store?
Yes, there is a small convenience store at the Resort which stocks small amounts of essentials such as milk, bread, drinks, snacks, some fruit and vegetable, meat and toiletries which is located near the Deep Blue Apartments. For longer stays, we suggest you bring as much food and supplies with you as you can – there are 2 large fridges at the house to fit plenty of food & drinks. There are a couple of restaurants and café available for dining out option in the main part of the resort.
If you are staying with a 4WD, there is also a general store located at Bulwer and at Kooringal.
Are there any restaurants or bars?
The resort has multiple dining options, a cafe, restaurants, a sports bar & sunset cocktail bar. Click here for more info on resort dining.
The iconic Gutter Bar is a restaurant, bar & general store located down south at Kooringal. Great fresh seafood dining and super cool atmosphere!
Castaways Cafe & General Store:
Located up north at Bulwer, Castaways cafe & general store is the place to go for great casual brekkies, lazy lunches and relaxed dining. No shoes required! Click here to visit the Castaways website.
Where do I pick the keys?
Our property managers Accommodation on Moreton will send you the code for the key lock box on the morning of your arrival.
Is there EFTPOS and ATM available?
Yes. The ATM is in the bar near reception. EFTPOS facilities are available at most areas of the resort.
Is there WIFI internet access?
Yes. Our home is one of only a few holiday homes on Moreton Island with high speed Starlink satellite internet. We include this with your booking. You will receive the WIFI password on arrival at the house. You’ll be able to stream all your fave TV & Movies and you can work from home on the island!
Telstra network has good signal across most of the island while other providers work only in some locations. There is also limited free WIFI available across the resort (200mega bites free each day). Data packages can be purchased from the Resort.
When is whale watching season?
Whale watching season runs from June through to October each year as the whales migrate along the coast. There are whale watching cruises that can be booked through Tangalooma Resort. Whales can also be seen at times from the beach.
Can I bring my pets to Tangalooma or Moreton Island?
No. Moreton Island is a national park and therefore all pets are prohibited. Registered companion animals are an exception to this rule.
The house has a full kitchen which is fully stocked with utensils, cooking equipment, plates, serving platters, glassware, cocktail glasses & tupperware. There is a full size fridge (plus second fridge downstairs), oven, gas cook top, microwave, dishwasher, coffee machine (Aldi pod machine), toaster & kettle.
We provide a few coffee pods to get you started. You may bring your own supply if you wish (pods can be purchased at any Aldi store).